October 31, 2015
Turning Back The Clocks Is Also A Great Time To Take Care Of Some Important Tasks Around Your House. Here’s A Quick List Of Important Tasks That Will Help You Prep Your Home For The Colder Weather:
- Prep your deck. Make sure your deck (and stair) railings are ready to support you through the ice-y winter months. While you are at it, check and repair any broken steps or boards.
- Sweep up. Sweep away fallen leaves and debris. Leaves can be hazardous when they are wet or icey. Plus, leaves that are left in your yard all winter can create dead or dull spots on next year’s lawn.
- Empty out planters. Although it’s sad to see them go, all planters should be emptied out and packed away. Leaving them full of dirt can cause cracking when freezing temps hit.
- Cover up outdoor furniture. Thoroughly clean off and cover up (or pack away) any exterior furniture and decor.
- Swap out exterior light bulbs. The days are getting darker – your exterior lights will be working much harder for you during the winter months. Replace any burnt-out bulbs before ice-y weather makes the task much more difficult.
- Winterize your home’s exterior plumbing. Get this done before the freezing temperatures set in and potentially damage outdoor faucets, hoses and pipes.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. This is also a good time to inspect both alarms to make sure they are working and ready to protect your family and your home. As a ‘Fall Back Special’, from now through the end of November, Shipley will inspect your carbon monoxide detectors and replace the batteries for FREE with any home heating system tune-up*. Get your home ready for a safe and efficient heating season!
*Fall back special Limited to 2 carbon monoxide detectors and 8 batteries. Valid on new tune-ups only. Cannot be combined with any other offer or special.
previous post: What Lurks Beneath That Slow Moving Drain | next post: Don’t Stuff Your Drain
You and your home deserve Ship Shape service from dedicated Maryland plumbers, drain cleaning and home heating and air conditioner repair techs,
Get It Done Today – 301-683-7080.