October 29, 2013
Don’t let issues with your home’s heating system spook
you this Halloween…treat
yourself to a home heating tune-up
increase the efficiency of your heating system, decrease the chance of an untimely breakdown and ensure that your home’s heating system is running safely all winter long. In addition to scheduling a tune-up, here are some tips from the United States Dept. Of Energy that aim to help you lower your utility bills while keeping your heating system in bewitching
- Light a Candle. Hold the lit candle near your windows and doors. Check to see if the smoke moves horizontally. If so, that means you’ve spotted an air leak, and heat is likely escaping from your home. To rectify the problem, install some low-cost caulking or weather-stripping.
- Watch the Water HeaterTurn down the thermostat on your water heater to, say, 120 degrees from about 140 degrees.
- Schedule a Checkup. Proper maintenance on your heating equipment will help it to run more efficiently. As a general rule, you should have a professional tend to your heating unit once a year.
- Inspect Your Equipment. Do a physical inspection of your heating unit. Be sure to avoid stacking anything against or draping anything over your heat pump. Hose the outside unit down to clear away any dirt, leaves, or grass clippings. Also, if your indoor unit has water around it, check to see if your drain and pan are blocked.
- Get a Programmable Thermostat. A programmable thermostat allows you to adjust the heat on a predetermined schedule. This allows you to lower the heat when you’re not home or when you’re sleeping.
For a limited time, Shipley is proud to offer a home heating tune-up for just $69! One of our professional heating technicians will come out to your home and get your system in ship-shape. But call us to schedule this service soon – this deal is only good through Halloween!
PLUS – don’t get spooked by water leaks or creaks in your home’s plumbing! Call Shipley for $25.00 off any plumbing service from now through Halloween.
(All offers cannot be combined with any other offer and are good on new appts only. After hours appts do not qualify for savings.)
previous post: Race For The Cure | next post: WINTER PREPAREDNESS TIPS
You and your home deserve Ship Shape service from dedicated Maryland plumbers, drain cleaning and home heating and air conditioner repair techs,
Get It Done Today – 301-683-7080.