February 17, 2015
Showing your home’s plumbing a little love can help you avoid major plumbing problems…it will also help you extend the life of your pipes, fixtures and plumbing equipment.
Here are 5 simple ways to show your plumbing some love:
- Chemicals aren’t a clog cure. Trying to clear a drain problem with a chemical solution usually does more harm than good. Chemicals rarely remove the entire clog and they always cause erosion on your pipes. Save yourself a future headache (and wear on your pipes!) and have any drain or pipe blockages professionally removed for good.
- Watch what goes down the drain. Everyday items that you may not think twice about can cause major clogs. Grease (fats and oils), vegetable skins, poultry bones, cotton balls, hair and wipes should never be put down the drain.
- Repair small issues before they become big problems. Small leaks will turn into big (and costly) problems. Fix them at the first sign of an issue.
- Water heaters need maintenance too! An annual flush and drain service on your water heater will keep it working it’s best while keeping your water supply cleaner and more efficient! (see the coupon below to save!)
- Soften hard water. Hard water doesn’t just effect your hair and skin – it also corrodes pipes and causes mineral build ups. Have a professional plumber install a water softener to save your plumbing and your money!
Also, be sure you know where your home’s main water valve is located. In the case of a plumbing emergency shutting the water supply off can save your home from major water damage
previous post: Home Heating System Maintenance Tips | next post: SAVE ON THIS YEAR’S SPRING CLEANING SUPPLIES
You and your home deserve Ship Shape service from dedicated Maryland plumbers, drain cleaning and home heating and air conditioner repair techs,
Get It Done Today – 301-683-7080.